Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gay

Someone died too young recently. He was filmed in a sexual encounter with another man by his roommate. He committed suicide rather than face the consequences.

It hurts when I hear about someone else committing suicide. I may not have known him, but I know the depths of suffering that he must have felt to commit that final act. Being gay still marks people, sets them apart from their family and friends, and instills often overwhelming self hatred in them. Another author has put this down into fiction more poignantly than I could hope to:
http://everything2.com/title/There+is+no+answer%253B+there+is+no+question

To anyone out there who is gay: I support you. I cannot understand completely, but I know the hurt and loneliness that you may feel. Many people feel isolated and inferior at some point in their lives. Please, don't let society get you down. Don't sacrifice your ideals and happiness because of such a small difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment